Accounting Supervisor (Television Department)
Our client, a leading full-service entertainment, sports, and media agency is seeking a sharp, engaging, and client-focused Accounting Supervisor to join their Television accounting team. This role manages the members of the television accounting team and reports to the Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with accounting in the entertainment or production space. This position requires a highly motivated individual who possesses strong initiative and the ability to complete multiple projects in a deadline driven environment. He or she must have the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Provide team leadership and coaching to television team via weekly 1:1 meetings to inspire team members to achieve optimum potential and drive professional development
- Measure staff performance against benchmarks and standards to ensure departmental efficiency
- Interviewing, hiring, training employees, assigning and coordinating work, addressing complaints, and resolving problems
- Complete accruals quarterly to determine revenue accrued in accordance with company policy
- Maintain timely and effective communication of information to agent’s offices, clients, management, business affairs, and general counsel
- Reviews outstanding invoices with agents and take appropriate action to ensure collectability
- Verify the accuracy of outgoing checks and wire transfers
- Make effective independent decisions representing day-to-day issues that do not require team discussion or leadership approval
- Provide analysis (i.e. variance analytics), data, reports, and other relevant information when required
- Support special projects, company initiatives and/or process improvement initiatives as needed
- 5+ years of progressive accounting and management experience
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in accounting, finance or equivalent field REQUIRED
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Entertainment and/or production accounting experience REQUIRED
- Demonstrates strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and complex projects within a matrix organization
- A strong understanding of financial concepts, such as accruals and deferred revenue
- Detailed-oriented, possessing strong analytical and organizational skills
- Experience managing processes and projects that involve collaborating with teams across the organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse team, including the coaching and development of direct reports
Please submit your resume for consideration.
We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early. You can use www.workgrades.com to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
We would like to thank you for applying. Due to the volume of resumes received, only qualified applicants will receive a response.
Many employers request references even before the interview process begins. We recommend collecting your references now using the free website WorkGrades.
- Los Angeles, CA
- Employment Type:
- Direct Hire