Our client, a well-known privately held firm specializing in commercial real estate asset management, is seeking a Fund Accountant to join their REIT Accounting Team (non-publicly traded). This firm has been expanding its services to a variety of investment firms, family offices, and start-ups beyond its asset management platform.
A successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills including relationship building, communication, and intellectual curiosity on top of a proficiency at working both independently and in a team-oriented, entrepreneurial environment.
- Manage the month-end close process
- Develop standardized processes to report consolidated fund level accounting and performance data to internal users against tight deadlines
- Complete thorough reviews, find variances, and provide explanations for any variances within the financial statements for properties within the REIT portfolio
- Identify areas for process improvement, enhanced controls, standard templates, and best practices
- Perform reviews in connection with the reporting process for consistency and accuracy – reporting is primarily encompassing cash management
- Participate in ad hoc and team projects as assigned
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or a related field
- CPA a plus, but not required
- Minimum 2-3+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Knowledge of REITS, investment firm accounting and partnership accounting strongly preferred
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Experience managing clients in either Real Estate, REIT, or Private Equity Real Estate strongly preferred
- Big 4 and Fund Administration background experience is strongly preferred
- Prior experience at a Fund Accountant or Senior Fund Accountant level is a plus
- Partnership accounting experience is strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Attention to detail a must
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Experience using MRI accounting software is preferred, but not required
- Understanding of information systems design/management
Please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
We would like to thank you for applying. Due to the volume of resumes received, only qualified applicants will receive a response
- Los Angeles, CA
- Employment Type:
- Direct Hire