Corporate Controller, CPA (Active)
Our client, a well-known company in the hospitality and fitness industry, is seeking to hire a Corporate Controller to join their Los Angeles office. This Controller will become an integral part of the growing business and will be responsible for key accounting and financial management. This role will work with a lean team and report into a VP of Finance and Reporting. This position will be a key leader in the payroll, reporting and accounting systems functions. This role is responsible for continuing to support the company’s growth through business process improvement, enhancement of, and in compliance with internal controls and responsibility for all general accounting operations.
A successful candidate will have an active CPA, relevant accounting and finance experience combined with an analytical and technical accounting skillset, including thorough knowledge of accounting principles. This person will be a team-player who demonstrates high level of personal motivation and is both hands-on and strategic.
- Work with executives to maintain accounting and finance needs.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Management of a small team
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing and documenting disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day to day activities including accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, etc.
- Manage multi-state payroll function for over 2,000 full-time and part-time employees.
- Issue timely and complete monthly, quarterly and annual GAAP financial reports for Board of Directors, lenders, CEO and CFO.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Lead the coordination and implementation of physical inventory counts at warehouse and studio locations.
- Prepare monthly sales commission calculations and provide to payroll on a timely basis
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Prepare cash forecast and cash management to support daily operations as well as growth in locations and acquisitions and other capital projects
- Assistance in the development of a strategic plan / budget and long-term objectives on an as-needed basis.
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending and streamline operational processes
- Preparation of a range of appropriate management and financial reports to assist in decision making and increase system efficiencies
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional tasks that may be necessary for the company to meet its goals.
- Required: CPA (Active)
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or other relevant field of study
- 10+ years of relevant accounting experience with a combination of experience at a publicly traded company or audit firm. Big Four experience desired.
- Prior accounting experience in hospitality, fitness, retail industries and companies with multiple locations is strongly preferred.
- Required: Proficient in Oracle software
- Proven ability to effectively lead a small team
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced MS Excel skills, including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Comfortable with some travel for work
Please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
We would like to thank you for applying. Due to the volume of resumes received, only qualified applicants will receive a response.
- Los Angeles, CA
$140,000.00 - $160,000.00
- Employment Type:
- Direct Hire