VP Operations - Cash Management & Trading Administration
Boutique wealth management firm is seeking an Operations Vice President focused on Cash Management and Trading Administration. The right candidate is a self-starter with a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial mind-set who enjoys working in a small-firm environment and is adaptable, able to multi-task and willing to perform multiple roles when necessary.
Liquid Assets - Trading and Cash
Review and oversee team’s activities related to liquid investments in client accounts and:
- Process trade-related cash movements between client accounts and external accounts for investments in various asset classes
- Manage day-to-day relationship with 3rd party equity and fixed income managers
- Ensure timely and accurate trades in clients’ accounts
- Execute trades in mutual fund accounts and maintain rebalancing software (Tamarac)
- Execute other ad hoc trades, wires and ACH transfers for clients
Illiquid Assets – Trading, Compliance, and Cash
Review and oversee team’s activities related to illiquid investments in client accounts and:
- Work with BBR Advisory Team and third-party fund managers/administrators to complete and manage documentation related to client subscriptions, redemptions, commitments, etc.
- Execute wires for clients’ subscriptions and capital calls
- Manage other account lifecycle events such as KYC/AML requests and ad hoc fund requests
- Provide back office operational support to the Advisory and Research Teams
- Improve and document processes and workflows
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-7 years of post-undergraduate work experience in finance, accounting, or operations
- Experience working in a supervisory capacity overseeing operational processes of colleagues
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- High level of attention to detail & organizational skills
- Diligence, self-motivation
- Demonstrated history of initiative and ability to learn quickly
- Excellent quantitative, mathematical, problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Excel, familiarity with all other Microsoft Office products
- Exposure to and familiarity with:
- Equities, Fixed Income, Mutual Funds, Derivatives, etc.
- Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds
- Working knowledge of Cogency, SS&C/Advent APX, or similar portfolio management/accounting software
- Experience with web-based custodian platforms
Please submit your resume to apply!
You can use www.workgrades.com to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.
- Chicago, IL
- Employment Type:
- Direct Hire