HR Generalist - Tech/Entertainment Startup
Our client, a fast growing tech company in the entertainment space, is seeking a hard-working and experienced Human Resources Generalist to head up their newly developed HR function.
As HR Generalist you are a key member of the team, you will report to the COS with a dotted line to the CEO. This will not be your typical HR job as you may support other parts of this rapidly growing business in our highly entrepreneurial environment. This position is ideal for someone who is ambitious and hardworking, enjoys problem-solving, and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get into the details. The successful candidate will have day-to-day responsibility for administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resource function and partner on a variety of HR initiatives including on-boarding, recruiting, HR administrative & operational support, policy implementation and data collection/changes and reporting. Must be able to manage and prioritize multiple, complex requests while ensuring accuracy.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruitment | Manage the full-cycle recruitment on assigned searches – search briefing, sourcing, screening candidates, scheduling interviews, collecting and distributing feedback, checking references, extending offers, negotiating/closing and starting pre-hire onboarding process, reference checks, etc.)
- New Hire Onboarding & Termination process |
- Responsible for welcome email to new hire, collecting & completing NH paperwork (I-9, Employee Handbook, Confidentiality Agreement), owner of face sheet, NH prep emails, preparing department specific onboarding orientation plans (also includes scheduling out orientations)).
- Termination process | Working through the termination process when an employee terms or transfers
- Sexual Harassment Administrator
- Full understanding of hiring softwares (currently Trinet)
- Associate Recruiting, Onboarding + Performance Review Process
- Assist with coordination of associate interviews & administer testing to associates
- Develop a Performance Review process for firm
- Background Checks + Predictive Index administrator | Familiarize self with process & administer.
- HR Intranet Administrator | Owner of HR Intranet – responsible for new hire posts, any HR material on the intranet
- Wide variety of HR focused projects
- Audit all employee files to ensure we have proper paperwork
- Review/update emergency contact information for employees
- Anniversaries & acknowledgment milestones
- Quarterly mentor check-ins
- Misc. “HR” projects that just “come-up”
- Day to day HR presence/support in the office
- Able to answer day to day questions that arise
- Employee relations issues
- Administer benefits with our programs, including health, and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with COS and department heads to determine hiring needs
- Stay up to date on labor legislation and implement changes as required
- Work with management to develop and implement training strategies to meet employee needs, including management training
- Development and implementation of HR strategy and processes that drives employee engagement and support short- and long-term business goals
- Assist with other human resources functions as necessary or assigned
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 3-4 years proven experience in progressive related human resources experience
- Experience practicing HR in a creative industry (i.e. music, fashion, television, advertising) highly preferred
- Experience in a creative industry is preferred, but any fast-paced environment is acceptable.
- Startup experience highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of labor legislation
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle varied personalities and sensitive situations
- Experience with applicant tracking systems and HR platforms
- Familiarity with social media and HR/professional networks
- Impeccable communication skills (oral, interpersonal, and written)
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and to anticipate issues that may arise proactively and quickly determine next steps
- Well-rounded capability across the full HR spectrum (talent acquisition, development and training, compensation and benefits, performance management, talent management, succession planning)
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Must be able to effectively perform tasks in a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels of the company, as well as, external contacts
- Extremely organized and a naturally fast response time to questions and requests.
- Adaptable and positive when faced with changing circumstances.
- Friendly and open demeanor with ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Strong relationship building skills, able to relate to managers and employees in a very honest and engaging manner.
Please submit your resume for consideration.
You can use www.workgrades.com to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd.
We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
- Los Angeles, CA
- $60,000.00 - $90,000.00
- Employment Type:
- Direct Hire