Environmental Graphic Designer
A nonprofit organization is looking for an Environmental Graphics Designer on a temporary 4-5 month basis. This role will be full-time hours with hybrid in-office/remote work in NYC (3-days in-office, 2-days remote). The ideal candidate will have relevant graphic design experience, in creating visual identity, wayfinding, location-specific signage, and environmental graphics, handling both design and implementation.
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal stakeholders and content owners on environmental graphics.
- Design categories of signage within the established framework for applying the company’s new visual identity to location-specific signage.
- Identify materials and vendors for new signage types and develop cost estimates.
- Manage signage and plaque production by vendors and coordinate delivery and install with company staff.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Communications staff on required updates and versions of location maps.
- As a member of the company’s inhouse multidisciplinary design team, provide occasional graphic design support on landscape architectural, architectural, and planning projects of the department.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field.
- 5-7 years’ experience in environmental graphic design.
- Knowledge of and experience in visual identity, typography, and layout design for large format printing/environmental designs.
- Proficiency drawing to scale and reading architectural plans, elevations and shop drawings.
- Strong working knowledge of industry standards and practices for implementing environmental graphics projects, including knowledge of materials and fabrication methods.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites and MS Office.
- Strong visual and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
Please submit a resume and portfolio for consideration.
- Employment Type: