Product Development Manager
Luxury Retail Brand is seeking a creative and experienced Product Development Manager to partner with their team on an ongoing temporary basis! Ideally looking for someone with developed experience in luxury retail, who has demonstrated success meeting deadlines, optimizing for efficiency, and sourcing materials.
- Responsible of the product creation process from design hand off to final product, with an emphasis on quality product development and timely completion of all tasks in accordance with the operating calendar
- Recommend design enhancements, construction and material options geared at elevating our brands and hitting financial requirements. Resolves with counterparts any design that does not meet design, merchandising, production or financial needs
- Coordinate with cross functional teams to manage spec turnover within calendar, development status, and final handoff to production
- Oversee the spec pass off to manufacturing partners on behalf of design and communicates daily with HKO and suppliers on questions and changes to specs, standards, and aids in interpreting design needs
- Monitor and review all prototypes and market samples to ensure execution to spec as well as meets quality, execution, and construction standards
- Sources alternate manufacturers and material suppliers to provide options in materials, products, and techniques
- Ensure that all components and constructions used are compliant for performance and restricted substances prior to production
- BA/BS degree
- MUST HAVE Handbags experience!
- 5+ years in fashion accessories product development, sourcing, and/or production
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong math and collaborative skills
- Able to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment.
- Use of Adobe Illustrator and PDM system helpful
Please submit your resume for consideration.
You can use www.workgrades.com to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.
- Employment Type: