Associate Buyer, Accessories - Leading Lifestyle Brand
Leading Lifestyle Brand in NYC is looking for an Assistant Buyer to join their Accessories team on a temporary basis! In this role, you will support and work closely with the Buyer in helping to develop strategies to grow and improve the business and efficiencies.
- Partners with Buyer to analyze Company Store weekly/monthly/seasonal sales to proactively make suggestions on ways to change and drive current business, as well as make strategies for future buys
- Actively participates in merchandise selection process, placement of orders and works with allocation on proper distribution of inventory
- Takes full ownership of portion of business to prepare and present seasonal buy strategies/assortment to upper management
- Develop relationships and follow through with Planning, Allocation, Visual/Marketing and Store Team on the day-to-day details of the business
- Visit stores to review presentation, identify problems and listen for suggestions and comments
- Creates and manages all weekly and monthly reports in order to support the business and make sound financial decisions
- Analyze and manage weekly on order reports to ensure goods are shipped on time and inventory is aligned
- Sample Management
- Shop competing venues to monitor fashion trends, pricing strategies and presentation techniques. Report industry information to Buying team
- Strong to proficient computer skills (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); ability to learn systems
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a highly collaborative environment
- Be a positive, flexible, team player
- Work independently as needed and have strong self initiative, prioritization, multi task and time management skills
- Detail oriented, with excellent follow-through skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree; fashion-related major or strong interest in retail preferred
- Ability to lift or move at least 30 lbs for sample management and participate in possible store visits/ floor sets
Please submit your resume for consideration.
You can use www.workgrades.com to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.
- Employment Type: