R&D Yarn Developer
Our client, a company that produces innovative textile products, is looking for a R&D Yarn Developer. They are ideally looking for someone with experience in yarn and fabric mills, and textiles knowledge and experience is a requirement. They are also looking for someone with prior extrusion experience.
They ideally want this person based in LA, working primarily remote with the expectation to go into office a few times a month.
They are open to candidates being based on the West Coast outside of LA, with the expectation of traveling to LA once a quarter.
R&D Yarn Developer Role
- Lead supplier development and qualification assuring long-term supply at high-performance levels with quality, delivery, cost and service
- Drive supply chain initiatives that enable speed, flexibility, and agility to deliver superlative customer service to brand partners, and drive profitable top-line growth and gross margin percentage improvement
- Improve performance, reliability and redundancy across the entire supplier portfolio, including the implementation and monitoring of corrective actions
- Manage vendor/supplier relationships and monitor supplier performance and compliance using company policies and established evaluation criteria both qualitative and quantitative
- Communicate daily with supplier partners and brand partner’s supply chain point of contact
- Leverage our Taiwan office for support with suppliers
- Provide supply chain support for internal business development team and brand partners
- Gather quarterly forecasts from brand partners
- Partner with suppliers to ensure we are always positioned with inventory to support existing and new business
- Support monthly materials planning in partnership with cross-functional teams
- Provide technical support and problem solving as issues arise
- Project manage all new product development projects with brand partners and mills
- Provide product development support and solutions both to new opportunities and existing customers
- Work with prospective and current customers who need all types of “engineering” to find workable solutions within the existing supply chain.
- Identify and onboard new and trusted mill and supplier partners who can help us build our supply chain ecosystem
- Support the negotiation of supplier pricing when necessary
- Maintaining up-to-date, clean data in the CRM
Skills & Experience
- Textiles knowledge and experience is required, and they are ideally looking for someone with experience with yarn and fabric mills
- ±7 years of product development and supply chain experience with yarn/fiber extrusions, spun yarn, non wovens, knits, wovens, insulation, and the textile industry
- Strong experience communicating and maintaining a strong relationship with fiber, yarn, and fabric suppliers
- Well-versed in supply chain and deep experience working to develop supply chain-oriented product development solutions
- An independent, self-starting, rapid learner
- Track record of negotiating pricing and agreements with suppliers
- Confident in brand-facing scenarios, able to listen and quickly react to client needs
- Data-driven: clear understanding of data, analytics, metrics and statistics
- Proficient in key productivity tools (Microsoft suite, Google docs, Zoom, CRM etc.)
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Work authorization in the United States
- Proactive, efficient, and creative problem solver
- Agile, resourceful and low-ego
- Active listener who prioritized relationship building
- Self-starter who sees opportunities and is motivated to act
- Thrives in a fast-paced culture and has excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Passionate about wellness, the brand and its customers
The role will report both to the Director of Global Business and Supplier Development
15-25% dependent on the ability to safely travel post-COVID
We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
You can use WorkGrades to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose by visiting workgrades.com/home/candidate. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.
- Los Angeles, CA
- Employment Type:
- Direct Hire