Print Graphics Designer
Our client, an elevated modern, luxury apparel brand is looking for a Print Graphics Designer to join their team. This position will focus on textile print for women’s garments, and is not your traditional graphic designer role for visual web, digital, marketing, etc.
Location: This is an LA based position, working out of their Arts District office 4-5x a week
- Present seasonal research and concepts for print directions in line with the brand aesthetic
- Initiate Print/Graphic Design Ideas throughout development while adhere to approval process
- Create and design prints and graphics by using photoshop and Illustrator to establish repeats, layouts, placement, recoloring, pitching/matching color to pantone standards, and articulates printing techniques to factories
- Partner with Design team to provide print/color updates and changes and ensuring execution of print and color will optimize final style outcome.
- Develop customed tags, labels, trims, and embellishment per direction from Design team.
- Manage print and artwork projects based on calendar deadlines, working independently, while partnering with internal teams and outside resources including print vendors and freelancers.
- Coordinate print vendor meetings
- Manage copyright release forms for all artworks
- Manage Strike off approvals and comments
- Collaborate with Design, R&D, Product Development teams to optimize execution and maximize production efficiency
- Maintain an organized print/artwork/color library
- Familiar with customer profile, best and worst prints/colors across all categories. Well-versed on current and emerging trends as well as competitive retail landscape.
- Able to maintain a constant sense of urgency while being creative in problem solving.
- 5+ years of apparel prints and graphic design experience
- Advanced Illustrator/Photoshop skills
- Solid knowledge of apparel development process and print techniques
- Elevated taste and strong passion for prints, colors and fabrics, comparable to luxury/designer brands.
- Strong time management skill, ability to manage multiple projects and take initiative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong personal accountability.
- A team player who is collaborative and solution driven
You can use WorkGrades to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose by visiting workgrades.com/home/candidate. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.
We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
- DTLA, CA
- Employment Type:
- Direct Hire